Discover the Île de Ré island
Ré, Island of 30 km long and up to 5 km at its widest part is a jewel of the Atlantic coast, connected to La Rochelle by a bridge of 2.9km.
You can easily travel around L' Ile de Ré: by car, or better by bike and/or on foot, to discover its varied landscapes. The island is endowed with 100 km of cycle paths, you will find some ideas of discovery circuits on the following link: www.iledere.com
You can also rent bicycles in Saint Martin de Ré.
The Ile de Ré has 10 picturesque villages, including Saint Martin de Ré historical capital with its Remparts, its Citadel, its Church... Saint Martin de Ré remains the most lively village on the Island in all seasons. The activity is concentrated around the port, where many shops and services are open all year round.
Outings, visits, activities :
- Guided tours of Saint-Martin-de-Ré (on foot or by horse-drawn carriage)
- Musée Ernest Cognacq in Saint Martin de Ré
- Beach 800m away - Sailing school
- Ânes en culottes
- Sea walks
- Le phare des Baleines
- The salt marshes, visits to the sauniers
- Ornithological reserve visits
- Visits and oyster tasting
- Tasting of regional products
- Fishing on foot (be careful of regulations) or at sea
- Horseback riding - Horse riding
- Surf / Kite surf
- Jet Ski / Buoy with our partner Jet Révasion
- 9-hole golf course at Les Portes en Ré
- Events on the Île de Ré